Cream Cheese Pound Cake
A delicious family favorite pound cake that has been enjoyed for decades is this Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe. This is the best cream cheese pound cake, simple to make with just seven ingredients, and makes a great dessert!
Pound Cakes have been a much loved dessert cake for a long time. I can't remember a family reunion that didn't have one or two on the dessert table when I was growing up. And it was my mom or my grandmother who baked them most of the time! This Cream Cheese Pound Cake has been around several times!
3/4 lb Butter
3 cup Sugar, granulated
1/2 lb Cream cheese
6 large Eggs
3 cup Cake flour, sifted
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter, sugar and cheese.
- Add salt, vanilla and almond extract, and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, just enough to incorporate.
- Spoon into a greased tube pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving dish, and carefully remove the tube pan. If you wait too long, it will stick.