Henny BBQ Meatball Recipe
1lb ground beef
1/2lb ground pork
1/2cup Progresso™ Panko Italian style crispy bread crumbs
1/2cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2cloves garlic, grated
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons chile flakes (or to taste)
Chopped chives (for garnish)
Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- 1.Mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form your meatballs.
- 2.Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and gently, one by one, add in the meatballs.
- 3.After they cook for about 4 minutes, flip the meatballs and cook an additional 4 minutes. Once they're cooked on the outside, they should be a little less delicate. Making sure none are stuck to the bottom, start tossing them in the pan a little more to cook them evenly. Drain most of the fat, leaving a few tablespoons' worth in the pan.
- 4.Add 2 tablespoons of water to deglaze the pan, scraping up any stuck-on pieces. Add the brown sugar, adding a little more water if the pan looks too dry.
- 5.The sauce should start to bubble and look like dark caramel.
- 6.Remove from heat and add in the barbecue sauce. Stir well.
- 7.Remove from heat and add in the barbecue sauce. Stir well.